Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Not much of a fighter.....

It's 2012!! I love to party on New Years....(who would have guessed!) but I am not one for making resolutions and all that jazz! There are a million things in my life I would like to change...my weight...that fact that I say Yes to way to many things, I am VERY unorganized... this is not my list ;) The one thing I want in my life is a rich, dependent relationship with God.... I had it at one time and seemed to miss place it....I think a better way to describe it would be that I stopped fighting for it. At some point in this last year I starting fighting the wrong side...turned my back on what I know to be true. I saw sin and choose not to deal with it. I know the put off put on that Paul talks about.... I did it, but not the right way I put off what God calls me to do and put on my desires. I fought only for what I wanted. The independence of running my life.

I am realizing all of this now...I am very thankful to be able to see it. I can't really explain the new understanding I have of last year its alot and messy... I can only say that it was by God's grace that I see it! The last few days I have had consistent time in His word and been able to reflect on my attitude to the last year. I am using a daily bible reading plan to start the discipline of reading everyday again. Which has been awesome! I believe last year was a dry season!!! Very dry! Why I ever thought that I could live with out the life giving water just seems plain stupid! I am excited to be back in love with my Savior!








Niki



No comments:

Post a Comment